Monday, October 24, 2016

Happy Lang!

Dear family,

HEY HOW ARE YA?!

Everything is so great, bilang missionary ni Jesucristo sa Pilipinas!!! ,as a missionary of Jesus Christ in the Philippines!!!  I am doing fine. Just dandy. Happy lang!

There is stress and absolute exhaustion, like I cannot even explain it how exhausting this is BUT.. haha BUT it's absolutely the best.

This week we had 2 baptisms!  Jaira and Joshua. They are brother and sister. They are so the best! Joshua has already been ordained to the priesthood and it's amazing.
 
I love missionary work.  It is so much fun and I learn so much everyday.  I cannot even explain how much I love this. 

We also had the opportunity to listen to President Bowen of the 70 speak.  He is the Area President of the Philippines.  It was awesome to listen to him speak and teach.  I loved it!  He spoke a lot about obedience.  I know that obedience, diligence and self control is a HUGE part of what I have learned on my mission.  I have learned really how to seek knowledge from the scriptures.  And this week was just about applying what I have been learning. I have faith that everything is according to God's plan.  He has us in His hands and wont let us fail.  Elder Scott has said that when we are on the Lords errand, it is IMPOSSIBLE to fail. So read your scriptures, pray and go to church.  THAT is God's errand.  And you wont fail at life if you do those simple things.

I love you so much! Have a wonderful week.  Send me more pictures next week!!!


Love ya!!!

Love,
Sister Zimmerman 

Note from Mom: New mission rules...Sister Zimmerman can no longer reply to individual emails, but please if you have been emailing her continue to do so-she does read them and she will respond to your questions etc. on the blog update.  You can also write to her through pouch mail. 


SAGE:
I am so proud of you for doing all that you do. You are becoming so great and you will be an AMAZING missionary.
 
RAFE: I am SO PROUD OF YOU for reaching blue belt! You are a kung fu master! Or whatever your thing is called, I forgot... basta just YOU ARE AWESOME!

CARSON: Thanks for emailing me.....Love ya bro. Keep doing good and make sure you are working on your MISSION APP. ITS COMING UP WHOOOO I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!


Here are pictures from the baptism. The one of me asleep on the floor is coming from Sister Livermore. Thanks sis... love ya... haha Because it's super exhausting and after the baptism, we did our planning and then I just crashed. Then there is a link to Filipinos singing love at home and part of it is in Tagalog!!! The best. 

Joshua, Jaira, Sister Diaz & Me

Here we are outside
These two!

Sister Livermore

pagod na pagod (exhausted) 






Here are some pictures from when I was recouping from Chikungunya

Yum!

No AC, but a cool floor and a fan will do

After hiking all day in the jungle...and you have a ward mission meeting! Hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment