Monday, April 18, 2016

A marvelous work and a wonder

Dear family,

Doctrine and Covenants section 4 verse 1 says "Now behold, a marvelous work and a wonder is about to come forth among the children of men."

There are some weeks, some days, some months, my whole mission, but especially this week, that I feel that this is a MARVELOUS work that I am doing and I WONDER at the miracles I see.  As we open an area in Trece Martires branch, I have come to notice that it is a little difficult. Just a little.  And my reliance on the Lord just got HUGE because of the difficulties we were trying to deal with. But what has been so amazing is that when you rely on the Lord, and not fake it, not pretend to rely like a plastic, but actually, truly exercise faith and hope, you have MIRACLES. Not a lie! This week I learned something again. Something I already knew, but that was impressed upon my mind again and that is GOD ANSWERS PRAYERS IN REAL WAYS IN REAL TIME. That takes a lot of faith to realize, but once you do you can never be truly unhappy or hopeless again.

I prayed so much for people to teach. For new 'investigators'.  I really wanted to have assistance in finding, and speaking. It's difficult to do in practice. SO I prayed. A lot. And we had all our prayers answered, even if it wasn't the answer we wanted or expected. Sometimes that it just how it works out.  This week we met a 21 year old girl name Melanie. She is the greatest. She is becoming one of our best friends. Watching someone else, who felt far away from God, and watching her as she progresses to become this strong woman, encouraged and empowered through prayers excites and encourages me and Sister Teava. God empowers His children.

I know it, because I have truly seen it with my own two eyes.

I know Jesus Christ lives, and loves each of us. I know He is the Son of God.

I know Heavenly Father knows each of us and wants us to be safe and POWERFUL in our lives.  God wants you to be a powerful, spiritual, loved and charitable person. 

I know this is true. 

In the name of Jesus Christ,
amen

Sister Zimmerman 


1 comment:

  1. I love that verse, D&C 4:!. LeGrande Richards wrote a book with that title, "A Marvelous Work and a Wonder". It is the book that brought me to get to know the Church better. I was baptized because of what I read there. I am so glad you are experiencing it first hand and bringing so many closer to the Lord and His teachings. Keep up the marvelous work!

    ReplyDelete