Monday, March 28, 2016

Aalis na ako! (I'm leaving!)

Dear family,

Today, at 7:30am, my mission president called me.  I answered in Tagalog. "Good morning Sister Zimmerman!"  "Wow! You are getting fluent in Tagalog! Well, I have a couple more assignments for you..."  Oh my, no guys.  When President Tye calls you, you know it's going down.

I am opening an area, or "shot gunning", as we call it here.  Which means that the previous missionaries are getting pulled out, and then I'll get dropped in.  It's hard because no one has addresses here, so I don't know where to go to teach.  That's the first part of my new assignment. The second part is that I am training again.  So my companion won't know what's going on either.    :-) It's all just a great big bundle of fun. :-)  I AM SO EXCITED and also terrified.  This will be only my 2nd area.  I've been in Noveleta, my first area, since October! I have no idea what it's like outside my little corner of the world.  But my current companion gave me a quote from Elder M. Russell Ballard, which says "Nothing is impossible, when you do your very best, in the Lord's work." Nothing is impossible!  Right now, my future seems a little impossible. And dang hard guys, but an apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ says NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE! Wow! Astig talaga cause see, alam ng Diyo ang mga pagsubuk natin, at merson siya awa para sa atin. Alam ko po na, meron siya ng perpektong plano para sa lahat ng mga tao.  Really cool cause see, God knows our trials, and He has mercy for us. I know that, He has the perfect plan for all people.  God understands. He has all knowledge, and all power. Have faith, have trust.  I'm scared, but I have faith it'll work out. The Lord will help me, because He can and has promised He would. He has the resources, and answers you seek. Turn to Him, remember Him.  Jesus Christ lives. He is real, and alive, and loves you.


Have a great week guys!  I'll email home pictures next week.

Take care! Love you all, ingat palagi.  always take care.

Love,
Sister Zimmerman

*Below are some pictures from Pres & Siter Tye from a zone conference

Teal, her companion on her left Str Melad & Sister Tau in pink

Zone activity with Pres & Sister Tye

Las Piñas, Bacoor, Cavite, Naic and Molino Zones

1 comment:

  1. You are doing so well and we are all so very proud of all you are accomplishing! Trust in the Lord - He has your back!

    ReplyDelete