Monday, February 15, 2016

How do you know?

Sister Zimmerman & Sister Melad


Dear family,

This week was sooo much better than last week.  Last week was hard.  My knees hurt man!  I learned a lot, I talked to my mission President, because President Tye is my best friend and then I got up, tried my best and was exactly obedient.  I was more exactly obedient than I have ever been on my mission.  Did you know it's hard to break down the natural man/women inside, and put a strong, wonderful and powerful woman/man in their stead?  It sounds like a simple thing, a desirable thing!  And it is simple, it is desirable.  It's not, however, easy. The natural woman/man doesn't go without kicking, screaming and whining like a child.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, ask a Mormon near you. 

My lesson this week: 3 Nephi 27:21.  In the Book of Mormon, Jesus Christ visits His people in the America's and establishes His church. He teaches:  "Verily, verily, I say unto you, this is my gospel; and ye know the things that ye must do in my church; for the works which ye have seen me do that shall ye also do; for that which ye have seen me do even that shall ye do." 

How do we act?  How do we progress?  How do we lead this church?  The same way Christ did it.  This isn't our work.  This isn't the church of Sister Z.  That's not why I am out here, sweating to death, getting sick all the time, to share some fantasy or joke.  I'm here because my Savior asked me to be.  I'm here because I know it's true.  I know the church is true. I know Jesus Christ lives. He really does!  I know we have a living Prophet.  I know this is true.  I'm not insane, or impassioned or brain washed or an idiot.  I know through the power of the Holy Ghost that this is the true church of the living God. How do you know?

I love you all.  I wish you all the most happiness and peace you can ever get.  You can have it all, you know.  Everything you ever wanted.  I'm not joking when I share this things.  Pray about it.  If it's not true, then don't worry about it.  But if it is, than this is the most important thing on the planet.

Have a great week,

I love you all!  DON'T FORGET TO PRAY

Love,
Sister Zimmerman


It's a jungle out there



3 comments: