Monday, January 18, 2016

People see us, a cute Filipina and an American and want to talk to us, always!

Dear family,

This week has been great!  A little bit difficult in some aspects because training is hard... but it's a great big wonderful world out here.  I love being a missionary!  My trainee (which we call all trainee's anak, meaning, child, and she calls me nanay, meaning, mother) and I found so many new people!!  We speak to EVERYONE!  And my companion is so, so cute, so people see us, a cute Filipina and an American and want to talk to us, always.  We have such a fun time!

We teach a lot of new people everyday.  With my new companion, she has this fire of WORK WORK WORK and it's so great!  I love being here, and I love serving. 

I don't have a lot to say or have a lot of time to write this week, but suffice to say that all is well.  We are finding, teaching and growing everyday.  I grow so much!  I watch others grow.  It's amazing!!

Here's a wonderful quote that someone shared with me this week:  

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." --- Joseph  B. Wirthlin

And one more! 

Choose to be Happy.
"So much in life depends on our attitude. The way we choose to see things and respond to others makes all the difference. To do the best we can and then to choose to be happy about our circumstances, what ever they may be, can bring peace and contentment. ...We can't direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails. For maximum happiness, peace, and contentment, may we choose a positive attitude."  --- President Thomas S. Monson


I know this church is true.  I know with my whole heart and soul.  I'm not here, wasting my time in the retched heat to sweat to death everyday, spreading a lie about God, who is your Father and He wants you to be happy forever, and then go home, skinnier than ever.

That's not my purpose here.  I share the gospel everyday.  THAT'S AMAZING.  I enjoy my life, and I look forward to tomorrow.  Everyday is brighter, if you want to be so.  STOP BEING NEGATIVE!  Set a goal, and then DO IT!


Love you all!

Have a great week, 
Love,

Sister Zimmerman 


Starting her 2nd cycle, it's transfer day at the Mission Home
(photo credit: Sister Tye)



Sister Malad & Teal as her new Sister Training Compaion
(photo credit: Sister Tye) 

No comments:

Post a Comment