Wednesday, December 23, 2015

There was a Typhoon, I started to regret not filling my 72 hour kit more

Hey family!

Shorter email today, because this week was extra standardish! JOKE.  There was a Typhoon this week and it was CRAZY raining! It rained and rained and rained and rained, and then the river down the street from my house started to get really, really full. And then they started blaring alarms and people started barricading their houses and driveways. I started to regret not filling my 72 hour kit more as the roads started to flood. This was a more scary day for me. BUT good news, I'm more uphill, kind of, from the river and my 2 story apartment is on a slight hill, and so our street only flooded to about ankle length. The main road that we walk down was waist high and moving powerfully.  The next day, many many people were shoveling the mud that was EVERYWHERE from off the road. It looks hecka nasty. Everything is dirtier and cleaner at the same time.  On one hand, it no longer smells of excrement everywhere, on the other, everything is covered in sticky mud. SO, no worries. I only got worried for a minute, then I went and lay down on my bed and read General Conference and it was fine. As it started to flood, we realized we were out of food, so we quickly went to all the little  'in house shops' of our neighbors and bought a ton of rice. Heavenly Father protected us. AND we had electricity the WHOLE time. Tender mercies and blessings! The rain didn't cool it off. Now it feels humid.  The same kind of humid like when you are walking around Animal Kingdom in Disney World during Summer. I'm sweating pounds everyday guys! 

I am so excited for Christmas! I'm enjoying it now. I miss home, family and ESPECIALLY CHRISTMAS MOVIES! When I come home, even though it'll be March, I'm watching ALL the Christmas movies. 

This Christmas is special as I focus on giving instead of getting. I love it. I don't get much of anything this year. No physical Christmas. BUT I get a lot, by giving my all. This Christmas, even though you are all at home and happy with that, remember to be like the Savior and turn OUTWARD. Don't look in, and think about how life is unfair, hard or doesn't make sense for YOU. Look outward, turn outward, and see others first. I'm learning that this week. I'm focusing on that. I'm seeing others first, and thinking of them first. 

I love you all!  I love the work, it's kicking my butt, but I'm remembering to put others first, TURN OUTWARD THIS WEEK! It's not about you, and it never should be! This week especially it's about remembering Jesus Christ. It's about remembering family.  Merry Christmas!!

Love you!!
Love,
Sister Zimmerman


1 comment: