Monday, December 14, 2015

That's how I grow!


Dear family,
Kamusta po kayo!? Magandang umaga po sa inyo! How are you!? Good morning to you!

Life is great here in the Philippines. Last night, in our tricycle ride, I was riding down a street I ride down a lot, and I was thinking to myself, WOW, I LOVE it here. It just hit me and I felt all warm inside. This is such a fun time for me. I love being here!

This weekend was Stake Conference. It was really interesting to hear the counsel for the wards here. Oh course it's the same doctrine, but the counsel was different for them, culturally. The Stake President is really cool.

This week I really loved reading Preach my Gospel. Last week I focused on the Book of Mormon (and I still am) but this week I searched the missionary lessons for truths and I am finding marami! lots! I love teaching these lessons. They are so simple and beautiful. As my mission progresses, I find it easy to teach these lessons because they make so much sense. It makes sense that God is real to me, and it makes sense that we are His children and so on and so on. I'm not brainwashed, it just makes sense. It's smart.  Mormon.org

Recognizing that I am weak, and not super good at everything like I thought, I am finding myself more capable of doing the work. It's hard. It is SO hard. But at the same time, wonderful. The world would have you think that because something is mahirap hard that it's not worth doing, or it's the wrong thing to do. You shouldn't want to do something because it's hard. But that's how we grow. That's how I grow! Don't stop growing.

Love you all,
Have a great week!

Love,
Sister Zimmerman

Around Noveleta

At Church




2 comments:

  1. Such Wonderful Spiritual growth. Our Ward is so blessed because you are there. May God continue to bless and keep you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and for the people you are teaching. You are a wonderful example to the young women of our ward and of the wards you visit there. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete