Monday, December 7, 2015

I see miracles. I see heartache.

Dear Family,

Sometimes the days are long. It's hot. I'm tired all the time. Sometimes, the dust kicked up in my eyes bugs more than it should.  Sometimes I miss A/C A LOT. 

But then I forget about it when I see someones ENTIRE LIFE become easier, better and more amazing because of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

No joke.

I see miracles.  I see heartache. I see things that absolutely disgust me and scare the living daylights out of me. I see stuff that is super illegal in the United States, that no one seems to care about here. It makes me sad. There are a lot of victims here. And absolutely no one cares. And what can I do? Not a lot. But I am not hopeless. There is also a lot of good.  The kindness of the MAJORITY of the people is amazing to me.  Yes, there is a real evil here. But isn't that everywhere? The majority are the sweetest and kindest people I have ever met. Even when they shut the door in my face or completely blow us off, they do it with a smile. :-)

I am happy to be here and to labor. And I have said it before, but I love being a missionary. I don't even feel like I am giving up my time. I see my Heavenly Father and the work He is doing on my life everyday, and the work He is accomplishing in others through me. Our investigator Niljun prayed about the Book of Mormon, and he knows he needs to read it. He got an answer, but hasn't shared exactly how he feels yet. But it's positive. Our investigator Felizardo is still smoking. He was lying to us. He looked me in the eyes and lied. It was hard. But we finally helped him to realize that first, we already knew and second, lying wasn't going to get him to the waters of baptism. He wants to baptized so badly!


We have many investigators. I don't have time to explain each. But they are wonderful people, prepared for the gospel.


I know this is the true church of Jesus Christ. I know that God is my literal Father in Heaven, and I am His daughter.  I know all people are children of God. I know Joseph Smith was called as a prophet of God by the power of God to act in the name of God. We call that the Priesthood. And Joseph Smith was called and given the same Priesthood as prophets such as Noah, Moses, & Abraham. All of them.

Remember that God loves you. Remember that this life isn't everything that will ever happen to you. I teach this everyday, and I know it's true. When you die, and one day we all will, you will not cease to exist. You came from somewhere. You are here on the earth for a purpose. And you are going somewhere after you die.  We need to be humble. Humble yourselves and remember that your current problems or life challenges are not your purpose. They happen, but it's not what you should center your entire existence on. I heard a saying once "Life sucks, and then you die." Is that really true? NO!   Don't let Satan trick you into thinking that the hard things in life are what will always and forever be for you. Look up. Be humble. SAY A PRAYER FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.  Life can be easy, and be wonderful. 

I love you all.
I miss you all.
I miss being homing and seeing everyone. But I'm working hard and serving as many people as I can. It's going great. I love you!
Have a great week!

Love,
Sister Zimmerman 

Teal & and Remcee, her new investigator.  She is "22 and super cute and super sweet"

The Villarente family with Teal & Sis Dacalcap at church.
The little girls love Teal & run to her when they see her &
 cling to her & follow her around.  They are the sweetest!



New housemate! Sis Devi was transferred,
now Sis Tau from Tonga is Sis Manzano new kassama

Sis Decalcap on THE BRIDGE! "I hate this bridge. A rickety wooden foot bridge
 to cross the currently dry river."
The river bed.  Nasty!  (see the garbage just thrown/falling off the wall on the right)
"The rickety wooden bridge. Scary as heck man! It sways back and forth and
 bounces up and down IT'S TERRIFYING!"

One of the roads she walks down often.
(apparently less scary than THE BRIDGE lol) 

















2 comments:

  1. Sis Zimmerman,
    We love and miss you. We pray for you every day for safety and for investigators. I know it is hard but we love your optimistic spin that you put on even the strangest of things. Keep up the good work!~Bessie and Bess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teal!

    We love you so much. So proud of you for finding the silver lining in difficult situations. Love always overcomes everything else. Hang on to that plan of happiness that you are teaching. Be happy and love the people. Keep serving. This is one of the greatest adventures of your life. Hold onto it with both hands! God loves you. So much. We do too!
    Henstra's

    ReplyDelete