Monday, November 9, 2015

It's crazy, it's loud, it smells like so many not nice things, I love it!

Dear pamilya,

I miss you all so much! I love you.

Philippines! It's crazy, it's loud, it smells like so many not nice things. I love it. LOL  I had a great week.  A little bit rough, but really good. We teach all day, everyday.  Because I teach the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the First Vision and the story of Joseph Smith so much, I have been surprised how much my testimony of theses things and people has grown.  Halimbawa, Alam ko na si Joseph Smith totoo propeta tinatawag ng Diyos.  "For example, I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet called by God are true."  I know Joseph Smith truly was called by God, and he really is a prophet! This isn't some made up story that we share to make people feel good.  It isn't some great big lie that we, as idiots, all believe. It's true. It's real.  It's a fact that is just as undeniable by me as the fact that the world is round and the sun sets and rises.  It just... is.  God doesn't change. He's our Father. He loves us.  Why would he call prophets only during biblical times and then just leave us to wander around confused? How do you know what's true and what's not? Pray about it! God is our literal Father. Our Daddy.  Why would any Father withhold truth that would help his children learn? Answer: He wouldn't. I know, through personal answers from God, that Joseph Smith is a real and true prophet. He did restore the Gospel. He really did translate the Book of Mormon.  It just is.  Katotohanan.  Reality.

Sometimes it's hard, because I know this is true, and a good amount of people use their agency to reject it.  That's their choice.  I feel so responsible for all the people here.  Someone (I don't remember who) told me that my assigned area is literally Heavenly Father giving me responsibility over these specific children of His. I love it, and also am overwhelmed by it.  

I tried really hard to respond as Christ would respond this week.  Just being Christlike and remembering that Jesus Christ never asks WHY.  Why did you do that!? That's gross, wrong, evil whatever... he always opened His arms and accepted THEM. Not their wrong doings, but he accepted them. And forgave them. He let them go clean.

So  I worked to not ask WHY when people told me how they failed to keep commitments that week. I worked to accept and love them anyway, tell them that it was wrong, and give them a new direction.

I think I already said this, but I did not think about or even realize that I would be playing a role in other peoples repentance. It didn't even cross my mind. With our investigator, the one with the smoking addiction, we have be helping him overcome that the last several weeks. At one point I thought to myself and later told my companion "What are we doing!? I am a 19 year old kid, helping a 50+ year old man overcome smoking! And I'M holding him accountable? What is this? He asks me for advice, and seeks OUR counsel!? What is going on? How does a 19 year old American girl help a 50+ year old Filippino man overcome an adiction!?" I was shocked.  I was shocked by my own calling! But I was reminded of the fact that a true Prophet of God, someone I sustain as a prophet, seer and revelator, called me.  He called me to the Philippines. That's not a joke, or a fake call.  It's real.  God wants me. There is great power in that knowledge.

Even if it was a crazy week, filled with dissapointments, it was also so great.  I loved it.

I miss you all.  I miss home. But I love it here! And I am so grateful for this chance to be here. I love you!

Love,
Sister Teal Zimms

Teal & Sister Dacalcap riding inside a tricycle (motorcycle with a side car)




View from inside the trike looking out-she says it's scary fast!




Family home evening with a family in their 1 room house


Sister Havili from Tonga & Teal, they were companions for the day in Cavite City while on missionary splits

No comments:

Post a Comment