Monday, November 30, 2015

If you don't have one, get one. All your Mormon friends have one!

Happy Thanksgiving!... JOKE.
Walang Nothing Thanksgiving. Except everyone knows about it here, and they were talking about it being Thanksgiving. I got SUPER bummed out. Because.. I LOVE THANKSGIVING. I love the food, I love the movies, I love the little Hallmark holiday aspect. It's literally the greatest thing ever.  But what I did was walk down dusty roads, and have people shut the door in my face. I didn't feel grateful! It got dark,  I felt sick. My companion said we should buy a cake (they have a cute bakery here called Goldilocks) and I said fine. We walked all the way to the bakery, it was closed. At this point, I felt like crying.  The only thing open that we had time to stop at was 7/11.  I bought expensive American snacks (a can of MUG root-beer and a bag of Cheetos) for my Thanksgiving dinner. It's now 9:00pm and we have to get home like, NOW. So we walk home, and I cry a little. My companion hugs me. I feel so very UNGRATEFUL, and homesick.  We go home, and finish planning for the next day. Sister Devi and Sister Manzano hug me because I'm super crying at this point.  We finishing planning, and I go to get dressed for bed when  Sister Devi comes in and blindfolds me, and my companion takes my camera and they take me down the stairs to find... THANKSGIVING FEAST! Sister Devi is from Fiji, but her family is Indian. She COOKED and Sister Manzano COOKED Fijian and Filipino food, and lit candles, and turned the lights off and prepared for me.  They wrote a sign,  HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY SISTER ZIMMERMAN!

My thanksgiving


The food they cooked takes a long time to make, and it was the sweetest thing ever! Of course it made me feel so close to my kabahays (house mates) but also to my Savior, Jesus Christ.  Don't you think He was aware of me in my situation? I felt terrible. I was just going to go to sleep early.  But instead, He blessed me with wonderful friends, loving friends, who would do such a thing for me. I really seriously love my mission! I love being a missionary! And I cannot believe another month has passed by.  My time here is soooo short, and goes by so quick.  

Thanksgiving moon 


I love it.  Felizardo Molina has stopped smoking and is now getting baptized on December 26.  We have another baptisim scheduled for Dec 19, an 18yr old named Dan. We have SO MANY INVESTIGATORS, it's so many, oh my goodness. We don't have enough time to teach all these people. They are all truly prepared to hear the gospel.

Have a wonderful week!  BE POSITIVE, is what I want to share.  You believe in God, right? You know He is real, and He is your father, right?  Then stop complaining that life is hard. I do it all the time, I know it's not helpful. It will not help you progress.  And just trust Heavenly Father! He knows YOU perfectly. And if you don't have faith, if you don't know God, or know He is your father, then get on your knees and ask Him yourself. Search the Book of Mormon. If you don't have one, get one. All your Mormon friends have one, the missionaries have A LOT. They'll give it away for free. But stop being dumb and thinking life is SO HARD and this is SO HARD and what can I possibly do to make my life easier, better, happier? Turn to the REAL God, the REAL HEAVENLY FATHER, the REAL Plan of Happiness, and start to serve those around you. God is not some made up character. This church is not lead by some crazy old white man. God is real. He calls Prophets today to teach and guide us BY HEAVENLY FATHER'S authority and power. God is not dead, He's not ignoring us, He's not forgetful. YOU are the one who forgets, YOU are the one who ignores. PRAY. PRAY EVERYDAY, and as an authorized servant of the Lord Jesus Christ I testify and promise you that as you DO this you WILL become happier, and life WILL become easier. I am NOT here in the Philippines wasting my time on some fictitious Restoration of the true church of Jesus Christ. I am not wasting my time on some fake Lord and Father. This is REAL. This is REAL LIFE. You are LITERALLY a  CHILD OF GOD. REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE. If you want to be happier, talk to the missionaries.  They really can help you.

I love you all, and send love and prayers your way!

Have a great week.

Love,
Sister Zimmerman 



No comments:

Post a Comment