Sunday, October 11, 2015

"That was the coolest thing ever!"

Kamusta mga pamilya at friend!

I have had SUCH an amazing week!  Last Sunday we had a special devotional and guess who came!?  BYU Vocal Point!  It was so awesome!  Youtube Vocal Point-Nearer My God To Thee
They sang that song and several others and it was so good! I felt the Spirit so strong, plus got to enjoy some cute guys singing beautiful hymns.  A great Sunday.  Tuesday evening we had devotional again and it was Linda K. Burton who is the General Relief Society President and her talk was amazing! But even more so was the MTC Choir (Which I am in!!) and we sang an arrangement of Sweet Hour of Prayer.  THAT brought SUCH an amazing spirit to the whole evening.  I almost cried over it.

SATURDAY- TODAY.  I have SUCH A COOL STORY IT LITERALLY MAKES ME SMILE SO MUCH!   About 30 mins ago, my companion and I were walking out of the Provo UT Temple and we saw this group of young adults who were sitting outside the Temple on the steps, just talking.  My kasama and I had a REALLY strong prompting to go talk to them, and so we both stopped and shook their hands and got to know them.  They were really surprised that we had stopped because "we look so scary!" referring to their numerous tattoos.  We told them that we didn't think they were scary and introduced ourselves.  We then asked them if they were members and they said no, we asked if they were familiar with our church, and they said they had grown up here.  We then asked if they had any questions that we could answer about us and they all got a little awkward and then this one young man named Russell said that he had a question about pre-earth life and agency.  We got to help him understand that and we explained agency and individual worth (because he struggled with that). He then started asking us about prayer, and said he thought it was selfish to have to depend on something divine to help you with every little thing. He said it was just like depending on your parents to give you everything, and he said he thinks you should work and try for yourself.  Then I looked at him and asked him if he had ever prayed and given gratitude, and expressed feelings of thanks.  He said he was atheist, but that he thought gratitude was important in general and that he expresses it in meditation. Anyway, there was a lot more to this whole exchange, but I am running out of email time.  It was such a cool experience! We committed them to pray tonight, and we taught them how.  And then we prayed with them, and thanked God for them and thanked Him for the opportunity to speak with His wonderful sons and daughter. They all said they would pray tonight, and really try. It was a really cool experience.  They were giggling at us, and kinda making fun, but they seemed to have legit questions and were serious in their responses.  As we walked away we heard Russell say "That was the coolest thing ever!" and we smiled and kept going. It was such an amazing thing.  I felt the Spirit, and if I felt it, they had to as well.

I LOVE being a missionary for the Lord.  I know the church is true! I know that this is the true gospel of Jesus Christ.  I know that all of you are children of God, and that He knows you personally, by name, and cares about you.

Being a missionary is the single greatest experience of my life thus far, and I know it's only going to get better.  I love Jesus Christ.  I love my God, Heavenly Father.  I love the prophet, Thomas S. Monson.   I know with all my heart that I am doing the Lord's work, and that is why I am feeling successful.

Have a great week!  PRAY OFTEN! EVERYDAY!  Read the Book of Mormon.  Do those simple things, and I promise you will feel an increase of love and peace and happiness in your daily lives.

The next time you hear from me, I will be in the Philippines.  I have 5 days in the Manila MTC, and then I am OUT in the field! Not literally a field, but my mission area.  Which could be field but I kinda doubt it.  I love you all!

See you in the Philippines!

Love,
Sister Zimmerman



Teal & Vanessa (a friend from her YSA branch) at the MTC

Trying on her Kasama's glasses



No comments:

Post a Comment