Saturday, August 29, 2015

Contact Sister Zimmerman

While I'm on my mission, there will be varying addresses you will be able to contact me at. For the first 6 weeks of mission, starting September 2, you will be able to send me snail mail or packages at the MTC, so here's the address for that:

Sister Teal Alena Zimmerman
OCT21 PHI-CAV
2005 N 900 E Unit 136
Provo UT 84602

Once I've arrived at in the Philippines, you can send me letters to my mission office! This is will be an address you can always write to, but I will eventually get an address where I'll live, and you'll probably be able to send me mail there as well. Here's the address for the mission office:

Finally, my mission is provided with something called pouch mail.  What I surmising is that you take a single sheet of paper (or postcard), write your lovely thoughts in it, fold it in on itself, and then send it to Salt Lake with a single U.S stamp on it.  Here are the instructions as described in my call packet: 

GENERAL POUCH MAIL INSTRUCTIONS
The Church provides much mail service to your mission.  Items sent by pouch mail use the United States Postal Service (USPS) from your location to Church headquarters, where they are forward to the missionary by a private courier along with other church mail.  Pouch mail leaves Church headquarters each Friday.  Items received after the pouch has been sent will be held for the next week.  Only postcards or one-page correspondences (no envelopes) written on one side of the page may be sent through the pouch.  Notebook or other light-weight paper will not process through the ISPS machines.  Photographs are not acceptable.

Pouch mail may also be used by missionaries to send letters home to the United States or Canada.  Letters sent by the missionary through pouch mail are given to the mission office and require United States first-class postage. When the letter arrives in the U.S, it will be sent via USPS from Church headquarters to its destination.  Stamps will not be provided at Church headquarters. Letters without postage will be returned to the sender, or discarded if a sufficient return address is not included. Letters should be addressed with a complete United States or Canadian address.

Items restricted from the pouch may be send through the USPS or a private courier.  Cash is not accepted for conveyance by any courier.  Please consult with the USPS or the courier of your choice to determine allowable items, as they will vary by delivery location.

INSTRUCTIONS ON FOLDING YOUR POUCH MAIL
Lay the letter blank side down.  Fold the bottom of the letter about one-third of the way up the page and crease.  Fold the top of the letter to the bottom of the first fold and crease.  Secure the long side with two pieces of tape about one inch (2.5 centimeters) in from each end, but do not seal the ends.  Write your name and complete return address in the top left corner.  Affix first class postage in the top right corner.  In the middle, write the missionary address.

SISTER ZIMMERMAN'S POUCH MAIL ADDRESS

Sister Teal Zimmerman
Philippines Cavite Mission
POB 30150
Salt Lake City UT 84130-0150

Every week, I will send an email, describing my weekly adventures and activities, and my Mom will post it on this blog.  I will, of course, respond to individual emails as well.

I look forward to hearing from all of you!  Please keep in touch, and tell me about how life goes on for you all!

I love all of you, and I am so excited to begin this mission!

Here it goes, the start of the best 18 months of my life.

 Love,
 Sister Zimmerman 




No comments:

Post a Comment