Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Opening my Mission Call

Okay, I am going to share the embarrassing video of me opening my mission call! I was super flustered and also could not pronounce words like 'Cavite' or 'Tagalog'. It's okay to laugh, I sure do! But I can't help but smile each time I watch this clip and look at these pictures! I had literally just gotten home from the airport when I opened my call. I remember how nervous I was, and anxious to get home. It's about an hour and a half drive from the airport to my house, so of course I was foot tapping and calling friends and family, telling them how close I was to home. My Mom and I were getting constant texts and calls that all basically contained the same message, "Are you home yet!?  Did you open it? How close are you!?" Upon getting home, I quickly grabbed my call, and knelt down in a room by myself and offered up one of the most sincere prayers I have ever given. I honestly will never forget this night. After that, I had to wait impatiently while we set up Skype and FaceTime on 1 laptop and 2 iPads.
I then opened my call.  My heart was literally in my throat, and I felt like I couldn't breathe, but I could not WAIT ANY LONGER to open up that giant white envelope.
And so, without further ado, here is a clip of me opening my mission call:

video

There was so much excitement!  Everyone was talking to me at once, which was kind of overwhelming but I was so happy that it didn't matter. Carson looked up pictures and maps of the Philippines and was showing my Dad the pictures.

I am so excited y'all! Honestly, the more I think on my mission and prepare, the more comfortable and at peace I become. I KNOW that I was called to the Philippines by a loving Heavenly Father, who knows me personally and knows the people that I will be serving personally. I could not have asked for a better call. I know that I will be helping others by bringing others unto Christ. I know that the peace I have to bear up my trials comes from having this gospel in my life. That is why I decided to serve a mission. I know that LASTING peace and LASTING happiness only comes through Jesus Christ. 

Thank you for sharing in my adventures and excitement brothers and sisters! I cannot wait to get to work.

Love, 
Sister Zimmerman 


No comments:

Post a Comment